Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trial, Error and Success!

Tonight I just completed Left Hand Discs three first official Team dyes! I'm still trying new things with plastic, and will continue to do so until I stop dying (no end in sight!). This is why my Team dye looks so different from the others. I would never try any first on someone else's disc and here's why:
I had intended on my disc being the inverse (in terms of the sun burst) but wanted to try layering yellow on blue the way I do with red. Turns out, it doesn't work. Unless, I suppose, the color you're looking for is somewhere between a navy blue and jungle green. I also mistakenly dyed my signature too dark of a blue too, so it kind of disappeared. I'm hoping that in time, the sun will lighten the dye. Still, I had to have the blue to include all of the Colorado flag colors!

These two came out better than I was hoping. The blue is stenciled and dip, but the rest of the discs are completely hand painted. Simply cannot wait to see them in the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment